Friday, October 17, 2008

My first Wife-ly challenge

We are going to Cedar Point this weekend and Lucas looked up the weather report and it is calling for some chilly fall weather. Sunny--but chilly. He said we should look through the closet and dig out our scarves and hats since we'll be outside the whole time. I chime in with, "Hey, I could MAKE you a new hat and scarf!!!". I was really excited at the prospects of making my new husband something to wear for the winter. Well, his response was less than stellar. He tells me that he believes in my work and that my work is really good....I just never finish anything. Ok, this bothers me GREATLY because he doesn't quite grasp the reason I knit/crochet. I knit/crochet to keep my hands busy. I have Trichotillomania and I need something to occupy my hands. I also will start a project to practice. It drives him batty when I get half way through what he thinks is a project only to tear it all out and start something new!! I don't always have a finished product in my mind when I just dink around with my yarn. When I do have a specific goal, I will always finish it.

So, back to the wife-ly challenge. On wednesday I started the scarf and finished it on thursday. The hat was started and finished in one sitting on thursday night after my work was complete on third shift at the hospital. He wanted a camo print and that is what he is getting!! I am very pleased with them. I will post a picture of them after I take one!! I will try to get one of him in it while we are at Cedar Point.

No comments: