Thursday, February 19, 2009

That went rather well...

There was a good turn out for my little Stitch & Bitch last night! Lets see, there was Heather (and her daughter Nyna and son, Daniel), Chris, Brandy, Cheryl, Jill (who went home early due to not feeling well), Laura (with her daughter Molly), Tanya, Rachel, Angie, Brooke (and Brooke's beau Ben), myself and the girls. Lucas was on the computer entertaining the boy-child whilst the girls all played up in the bedroom. It was really nice to have the new couch in the living room...there were enough seats for all the butts!! Mostly, everyone there crochetted but they all want me to teach them to knit so I think I have my work cut out for me!!! I have been able to teach Heather pretty well, but only on the circulars and haven't gotten to teach her how to purl yet. I was going to expand on helping Jill learn but she started feeling ill and went home. I hope she feels better soon.

Laura is making a granny square blanket for her little one; I'm always working on some type of baby pants; Tanya was making something pretty with a star center; Heather whipped up a scarf with effortless ease; Angie worked on an amigurumi camel. Rachel borrowed a bit of yarn and just worked on a little swatch of nothingness. Chris worked on some really pretty chain mail flowers for a belt she's working on; Brandy drew in her sketch book of the different people crafting; Cheryl had a very tangled ball of yarn that she was determined to unknot and wind in to a ball; Brooke...well, she brought the Smirnoff. The funniest part of the night came when I joked with Brooke that she could prolly fit into the red, white, and blue longies I made. They are size 3T but made with a large needle so the are super stretchy. I was kidding but she wanted to know if she could and sure enough!!! THEY FIT!!! They were very snug but she really did fit in them! And I have the pictures to prove it! (I will post them when I upload them later)

Yeah, it was a great night. I hope that these ladies will join me again for another evening to stitch and bitch!!!

No comments: