Ok, my history. February 24th has not always been a good day for me. I guess you could say that it is sort of like my Friday the 13th. When you look back at your life so far, there are dates that stand out more so than others. For example, I seem to have a knack for finding people who are born on or close to August 21, and March 17. Those are the days that have the most people on them. Heck, even Lucas's birthday is on March 15 (close enough for government work!)So what makes 2-24 so special?? Well, in 1999 I got second degree burns on my right hand after a candle fell into a laundry basket after I had fallen asleep. I was rushed to the hospital. Exactly one year later, I was rushed to the hospital again...this time it was because I was going into labor two months early with the girls. (They held on for three more days until the 27th to be born.) I can remember holding my breath every Feb 24th for the last several years. I know that nothing else has happened that has sent me to the hospital but true to form, I now work in a hospital and I am working today. I also worked last year on this date. Well, I guess there are far worse ways to be in the hospital today than working in it, eh?
Speaking of working in a hospital...when I get off work on wednesday morning, it will be the last time I have to go to work third shift!!! I am soo excited to start my new position!!
I really hope this day passes without incident. I will be holding my breath as much as I can.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment